Tonsillitis is inflammation of the tonsils, two oval-shaped pads of tissue at the back of the throat — one tonsil on each side. The tonsils are lymph nodes in the back of the mouth and top of the throat. They help to filter out bacteria and other germs to prevent infection in the body.
A bacterial or viral infection can cause tonsillitis. Strep throat is a common cause.
- Allergens ( artificially colored sweets, grapes, bananas, cold food or drinks etc.
- Weather (cold weather, damp climate or change of weather.)
- Genetic tendency
- Throatpain or tenderness
- Redness of the tonsils
- A white or yellow coating on the tonsils
- Painfulblisters or ulcers on the throat
- Hoarseness or loss of voice
- Loss of appetite
- Ear pain
- Difficulty swallowing or breathing through themouth
- Swollen glandsin the neck or jaw area
- Fever, chills
- Bad breath