BACK ACHE/LUMBAGO/SLIP DISK :
Any pain in the back, usually in the Lumbar or Cervical region; it is often dull and continuous, but sometimes sharp and throbbing.
It is produced by Nerves, joints, muscles, tendons and ligaments. It can be a constant pain or it could also occur irregularly.
The pain may be concentrated to a particular area when a muscle, tendon or ligament is involved. It may radiate to other area of the body when a particular nerve is compressed.
- Weight loss
- Elevated body temperature (fever)
- Inflammation (swelling) on the back
- Persistent back pain - lying down or resting does not help
- Pain down the legs
- Pain reaches below the knees
- A recent injury, blow or trauma to your back
- Difficulty urinating - passing urine is hard
- Numbness around the buttocks.